Monday, August 9, 2010

a birthday celebration

The tea party i have been planning for my grandmother's 80th birthday has finally passed and here are some pieces i would love to share.  In the first picture, i am showing you the party favors that i made.  I purchased loose leaf tea, put it in an aluminum jar, wrapped it in tulle, secured it with a bow and added a mock vintage button for a little flavor.  The second and third pictures show a wider view of the table setting which features the place mats that i made from scrap fabric that i had around my house.  I loved these place mats because they added a whimsical look to the table, the sort of mismatched matching look that like to strive for.  Also shown in the picture is the floral center piece, which was simply three hydrangea stems in a square vase.  The fourth picture displays the guest book, the fifth shows the cupcakes i made for the party (i will post the recipe for these very soon, they are delicious), the sixth is of the gift table, the seventh, as i have already posted about previously, are the "pretty pink pom poms" that i made, and the eighth shows my boyfriend, my cousin and myself. Everyone loved the party and i hope that you do as well.









0 comments:

Post a Comment