Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Muesli Cookies




As a sweets lover, I am usually turned off by the idea of health conscious desserts, but when I was shown this recipe and was given the chance to try these cookies, my feelings began to change.  They may look like a messy pile of ingredients, but the combination is delicious! The cookies are called muesli cookies and can be found on the side of Bob's Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli.  Muesli is usually used as a cold or hot cereal, but on the side of the bag there is a delicious recipe called Chocolate Chip Muesli Cookies. Like I said, I was skeptical to try the cookies but once I did there was no question that they were a winning cookie.  They are a soft, chunky cookie with tons of delicious flavor!
Here is the recipe!
Enjoy!
XOXO


1 cup Bob's Red Mill Muesli
3/4 cup sifted Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 Cup Applesauce
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
6 oz. Package Chocolate Chips
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Egg


Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside. Blend applesauce, sugar and vanilla together. Beat in egg. Add flour mixture and mix. Stir in Muesli and chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls (i did teaspoonfuls for bite sized cookies) on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Can I just say mmmmm....



    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    playing an impostor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! Am inspired to make one. :D
    xoxo,
    LoveSkinBest

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks overwhelmingly delicious! I'm so trying out this recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop it - you're making me hungry :)

    look super yummy

    xx
    www.befrassy.com

    ReplyDelete